OpenText.org Annotated Greek Corpus
The OpenText.org project is a web-based initiative to develop annotated Greek texts and tools for their analysis. The project aims both to serve and to collaborate with the scholarly community. Texts are annotated with various levels of linguistic information, such as text-critical, lexical, grammatical, semantic and discourse features.
Beginning with the New Testament, the project aims to construct a representative corpus of Hellenistic Greek and to facilitate linguistic and literary research of these important documents. The currently available annotation can be viewed on the OpenText.org website, and search functionality is under development. It is hoped that interested users will collaborate in the correction and enhancement of the project resources.
Key features of the project include:
- Greek texts annotated according to a clearly-defined linguistic model
- A transparent XML encoding scheme
- Free web-based resources for viewing the annotations
- Free web-based resources for searching and analyzing the annotations (under development)
- Open-source data and tools
- A collaborative approach that encourages innovation and involvement
UPDATE: Legacy annotation posted on GitHub (free and open source)!